During the 2021-22 academic year, all employees are expected to be vaccinated, and all students are required to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption. Weekly saliva PCR testing will be required for any student or employee who is not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Pre-arrival testing is also required for students who are not fully vaccinated. More information about vaccinations is available here.
Any student who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and contact Student Health and Wellness at 434-924-5362 for evaluation, regardless of their vaccination status.
Any employee who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and contact Employee Health at 434-924-2013 for evaluation, regardless of their vaccination status.
Students and employees are not subject to disciplinary action for a positive test result or for any information disclosed as part of contact tracing.
Students and employees who test positive through a UVA-provided test will be contacted by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and either Student Health and Wellness (SHW) or Employee Health with instructions. If you test positive, you should isolate -- even if you are fully vaccinated -- and follow instructions from VDH, SHW, and Employee Health.
Students who test positive outside of a UVA-provided test should schedule a "COVID Questions" appointment online by using the Healthy Hoos patient portal or call Student Health & Wellness at (434) 924-5362 to report the positive test, check on your health, and review public health measures. Please do not upload a positive test result to Healthy Hoos without scheduling an “COVID Questions” appointment.
Employees who test positive outside of a UVA-provided test should notify Employee Health.
Questions about Prevalence Testing?
- Students: email email@example.com
- Academic Division employees: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UVA Health team members: email email@example.com
Consequences for Non-Compliance
- Students: Students are not permitted on Grounds unless they are vaccinated or have a medical or religious exemption request approved by Student Health and Wellness. Students with approved exemptions must be tested each week. For details about compliance with student testing requirements, please see University Policy SEC-045.
- Employees: Employees who have not provided proof of vaccination or have an exemption because they are working remotely 100% (and documented as such) or tested positive for COVID-19 within 150 days will be subject to at least weekly viral PCR testing beginning August 2. More information for both Academic Division and UVA Health employees isavailable on the UVA HR website, including enforcement measures for non-compliance with required testing.